Lost Girl AU picspam, The Wedding
Wow. I’ll take it.
Lost Girl AU picspam, The Wedding
Wow. I’ll take it.
I remember watching the extras on the LG Season 2 DVD’s and being so pleasantly surprised by Zoie’s interview and subsequent answers on how she had to play her character and what she thought of her character. It was refreshing to know that Lauren was out of the will she//won’t she box of who she was loyal to, and her true motivations and heart.
“She’s kind of this jumble of bits of personality. She’s a really nerdy, kind of geeky science person. And when she’s working in that world, she’s completely committed to that. But on the other hand, I think she’s got a ton of passion in her. For her work, for Bo, for the fae as a whole. She got a lot of different little qualities about her that I like. She’s a bit of a huge swing. It’s about facts and it’s about numbers and she’s in science world. But then there’s this other side of her that is really open, and warm and passionate and brave and loyal. ” –ZP
And now, there’s that lingering question again—> Is Lauren… inherently good? It’s a shame that ZP has to constantly second guess her choices because the writers like to pile on the crazytown in her unresolved//off-screen backstory.
As an audience member, I have to say I’ve become very tired of the debate. Hotpants is complex, complicated, imperfect, and oh so full of regard and loyalty. We just need some closure on her choices, her entrapment, and the powerful decision to leave her world behind her.
Bo/Lauren 108 vs Cosima/Delphine 109 (preview)
This is a segue from Doccubus but let me just say, If you are not watching Orphan Black, wtf dude? Better writing, better plot— complete with lovely ladyloving and a spybang. John Fawcett, you knew when to give Jay Firestone the finger and make a kickass show. High fives.
Also— trapped in a bad position, exploited blonde lady, clone superhero brunette = delicious angst. Formula worth repeating like 100,000,000 times.
Doccubus + impulsive kisses
1) Nobody owns you.
2) Just come back safe.
3) Bo, you are not a monster, I know that. You’re a different person than you were then, and the person that you are now, I absolutely love.
4) Well, I have a hypothesis, I think it’s what we feel for eachother.
5) I love you. You’re a succubus Bo. And we both tried to pretend that it wouldn’t matter, but it does. So what happens now? You have to feed, off others. And you’re ok with that? I have to be. But, I think we should have some ground rules.
TRUST, UNDERSTANDING, COMPROMISE
Even with all of the flaws…. all of them.
As for the other stuff. Put it in context and balance. Because no story is told just one way, with one perspective. There is always the redeemable in the seemingly impossible breaks of what we choose and what happens.
1) When Lauren goes to the Ash as a SLAVE to ask to assist Bo in saving Kenzi’s life. Going undercover with no physical skill in saving herself. Using her logic to calm Bo’s nerves to make sure they are successful. Whipping up an antidote and staying with Kenzi to make sure all is well.
2) When she doesn’t take Bo at her word because Bo isn’t in control of her body and is slowly devolving. Identifying a grave threat that would soon kill the succubus where NOONE else would, and taking the heat of Bo’s ire in her immediate mistake over Kenzi.
3) Everytime, as a SLAVE, Lauren defied the fae rules of light and dark to help Bo with her feeding and control issues.
4) When she told Bo the truth that there were things she would never be able to give Bo entirely and bravely states that the keys to all relationships are Trust, Understanding, and Compromise. Never standing in the way of WHO Bo is.
5) When Lauren, as a SLAVE to the fae, comforts the wolf that tormented her with her status and ownership in the death of his heart companion…even as she chooses to postpone her freedom or relinquish it all together to help save a race that would continue to use her, and woman who opened her heart and showed her a new world.
And. Yes. All of those things happened. There is no need to shame another character, beyond the one fact that fae consider themselves superior in spirit to what they consider their prey. The power balance DOES matter. And it is a part of why this story is so important, and potent, and challenging, and human.
Dr Lewis appreciation post 2x17
I miss you, Dr HotLeatherJacket!
I don’t care about Bo’s bruises either. Most visually stunning 20 seconds of the entire show. Thanks show.
The Fae and The Humans
Contempt. Assumption. Apathy.
Bo is caught between two worlds, the one she was born to, and the one she was born to protect. It’s a constant push of what is considered worthy and what is pet, prey, and slave.
All the characters strive to do what is right in their world. But there are constant reminders that humanity is considered beneath the fae. And the only difference between light and dark is control of their elegant savagery.
Kenzi and Lauren walk a tightrope in their world. Unsung. One a friend, one a love. One free and one a slave. They still reach out with compassion, and understanding—fae and human alike. Risking their fragile, mortal lives for ones that would live for thousands of years.
For all of Dyson and Trick and even Hale’s appreciation for all things Bo… it doesn’t lend itself to a better set of morality concerning their prey species. The humans are Bo’s compass. And without them, she is truly lost. Who needs Bo’s strength? They all do. But who needs her charge, passion and protection? I think we know.